A “SINGLE PAGE WEBSITE” is where all the important facets of your business are displayed on a single page rather than multiple pages. There are no inner pages as such.
This means the standard web page such as Home, About Us, Services, Clients and testimonials and Contact Us page are all displayed on a single page. You just have to scroll down and you get to know about the services and other important facets of an organization.
Kindly click on the link below which is a single page website:
But, websites need to be SEO driven, otherwise, the very purpose of building a website isn’t utilized to its full extent. What’s really intriguing is to know whether single page websites are good or bad from a SEO perspective?
It’s not entirely bad from a SEO perspective, but yes there are limitations. Following are some of the points that will give you better insights in understanding as to whether single page websites really use SEO to its full extent.
- Single page websites are a perfect fit for mobile users:Most of the users perform web searches through their smartphone, and when they go through a single page website, it’ll be easy for them to get an idea about the business rather than finding other tabs and clicking on it for pertinent information. They just need to scroll and all the information about the business will be known to them.Mobile users find single page websites easier to navigate. Compared to multi-page websites, single page websites load much faster which is an added advantage. A smartphone being a small device has very limited screen size due to which browsing additional pages will prove to be a bit difficult when compared to a laptop or a desktop.
- Higher page authority:Links play a coherent role inbuilding the traffic and credibility of a website. In a single page website the links will be directed to a single main page. This will redirect readers to go through your website and get a glimpse of it. If they are interested, they can go into the details of it.
- Poor keyword ranking:The drawback of a single page website is it cannot implement a wide array of keywords. As the concepts covered in a single page website are limited, there is a low scope for incorporating many keywords, which actually counts in boosting up SEO performance.On the contrary, multi-page websites are the best source for integrating a wide variety of keywords, the results of which can be witnessed within due course of time.
- Content inadequacy:In a multi-page website, you can develop multiple content across multiple pages with in detail coverage for every topic of your business. When it comes to a single page website, you justhave to write the specific aspects of your business, thereby covering significant areas of your business in short. This will impact the performance of SEO negatively.You need to plan really well in terms of content and design to cover the pitfall of a single page website.
- Advanced SEO strategies won’t work:There are certain advanced SEO techniques that cannot be used in a single page website. ‘Siloing’ is one such advanced SEO technique that cannot be used in a single page website.What Siloing does is break down a major component of your business into topics and subtopics that actually covers a whole lot of in-depth and valuable information with a wide variety of keywords. A visitor looking for in-depth details of a particular product or service of your business can be able to go through, all because of the process of siloing.This will in turn increase the chances of getting traffic as the content is widespread and in- depth over a number of webpages covering a wide variety of keywords.
- Keyword brainstorming:For a singlepage website, the SEO team must plan really well to come out with a set of both short and long tail keywords that are perfectly aligned with your business. Keyword research should be done meticulously in order to come up with the best keywords that a user might consider typing for when looking out for your product or service.
- Smart content:SEO works well only when there isSEO based content with the right set of keywords. As the content is written for a single page in the case of a single page website, the best way to optimize content performance is to separate content section with <div>s.Each section should be classified and wrapped into a separate <div>. Another significant point is to create H1 Tag for each of the sections. In a one page website h1 tags will clearly indicate that the content is separated into different sections, with each section covering different aspects of a business.In fact, multiple h1 tags will prove to be useful for optimizing keywords. Condition being no more than one h1 tag should be used per section.